Monday, July 28, 2014

You just had to be there...

I realized that I never shared any pictures from our birth so here are a few to look at. The raw emotion in some of them still brings tears to my eyes. A few are a little messy and well, I wasn't looking my best but they are real.


I was a "little" tired at this point when Carter was born but it was a marathon and I still had a little girl to think about. Luckily, Carter paved the way for his sister and the next round was much easier.

Ben and I welcoming Mr. Carter into the world. 

This picture is the essence of my Mother. She is comforting me, with Carter on my chest and we are both full of emotion. My Mom was there for the many, many tearful conversations on our journey to getting pregnant...this time they were tears of pure joy.


 I love this picture of Elianna. She came quietly into the world just looking around. She is still my patient, calm baby.

Elianna kept putting her hands on my face when they laid her on my chest. 

THIS was the moment I finally took a sigh of relief. When I had them both safely in my arms. The 4 of us all back together after 38 weeks of waiting. I felt so complete at this moment. I held two, living, breathing answers to prayers. 

 First Family Picture!

I imagine the things they would have said to each other in this moment. But whatever the conversation, I am sure it ended with, "I don't know what just happened but I am glad you are here with me" 

Update on the Ulland Twins! 
They are doing wonderful. I really am truly blessed with easy babies. They are both sleeping 6-7 hours a night which is an absolute miracle. I am still pumping for both of them and it is going better now that I am in a routine. Carter is still our outspoken baby who lets us know when it is time to eat and that he needs his diaper changed...immediately. Carter is 11lbs and 6oz and Elianna is 10lbs 11oz. Elianna is pretty calm and usually lets us feed her hungry brother first or take our time getting to her diaper. Ben and I are loving every busy moment as parents of twins. I am back to work full-time and with the incredible help of our family, the kids have only been to the YMCA daycare one time. We are so blessed and so thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment