Monday, April 14, 2014

No news is good news!!

I am almost to the point where I don't even know what to blog about! I feel like we have everything and nothing happening at the same time lately. We have been home for a week and it feels SO good to be home. Mostly, I love sleeping next to Ben and being with him more. He calms me. Nothing will make you more anxious than laying awake, alone in a hospital room! It has been hard to look at piles of mail, laundry and other random things around the house knowing that I can't work on anything. Ben has been amazing with taking care of me, putting my socks on and feeding me constantly but organizing diapers and baby clothes isn't really his thing.

This weekend my mom came up to help us get ready and to come to my last baby shower hosted by Ben's family. She did everything from cooking, organizing presents, cutting my toe nails, cleaning the fridge and driving me around. I feel SO much more ready after her visit. She also got to see the babies on an ultrasound today!

When they are this big, the picture isn't the best but we still got some good pics and watched them practice heir breathing. They both measured around 4lbs 13oz! I am just so proud of them! They will still gain about an ounce each, per day. We are getting so close to 34 weeks but our doctor is on vacation from week 34 to week 35, so we really want to hold off until 35 weeks for a variety of reasons. The anticipation of wanting to meet them is getting tough to contain. I want to see their faces and kiss their cheeks and touch their toes. Ben and I talk about how our excitement to meet them is rising and then we have to calm ourselves down. We have waited this long, we can wait another week...or two.

At this point, it looks promising that we will make it another few weeks. The medicine I am taking seems to be keeping the contractions at bay. I am mostly on bed rest, with a few little field trips here and there. The babies are moving so much now even though they are getting more crowded in there. Ben and I play a game where we feel a body part and try to guess if it was a butt or a head, foot or elbow.

We did have an ultrasound today and it looks like Baby Boy decided he wants to be first in line. When you have twins they assign the title "Baby A" to whoever is presenting first which means, whoever has a body part the closest to the exit gets to be Baby A. Well, last week Baby A only had a foot in front of her brothers head. In the last week she must of moved her foot and Baby B's head just slipped down a little more. I just wonder if how they act in there will translate to their personalities when they get older?

Now, it is all about milestones and looking forward to events coming up. It was such a big deal to make it to the baby shower yesterday and it was so fun! I got to have a shower with my sister-in-law Stacie and our babies are due weeks apart. Next milestone is Easter, but I will be laying SUPER low  because it is the beginning of our OB being vacation. We will be extra careful that week. I think we may need to get a new DVD or TV Series that week to keep me distracted! I am still working from home and keeping my mind busy. I will try to blog more and post more pics. Today when Ben saw me he swore I was bigger today than yesterday! LOL

At this point,we tell our families "No news is good news" so let's pray for no news till MAY!

33 Weeks



No comments:

Post a Comment