Sunday, April 6, 2014

The man behind the bump

I have to write this post before it is too late and the babies arrive! For those of you who have met my husband, you know he is not your typical guy. There are very few men out there like him and I consider myself extremely blessed.

Ben is a man who loves being in love. He still brings me flowers just because. He will go get something in my purse for me at 11:00pm just so I don't have to get out of bed. He did all these wonderful things before I was pregnant. Ben was ready to be a daddy about 20 minutes after we got married but God had other plans. We have been through a lot together in the past almost 8 years. It was not always rainbows and roses but we are a stronger couple now than ever before. We still hold hands all the time, say "I love you" a dozen times a day and miss each other after being apart a few hours.

We are going to need to be strong as we become partners in the adventure of twin parenthood. When there are two babies, there is no "it's your turn" argument! I have full faith that Ben will be an amazing Daddy because he already takes such great care of me. Ben is one of the most loyal, compassionate and loving person I have ever met.

I can't wait to see his dreams come true when his daughter and son arrive and our family is complete. Here is my man sleeping on a super uncomfortable couch in the hospital room. Not having me home with him has been really tough since I was admitted to the hospital but he is being amazing about it all.

Ben, I love you more every day and I wouldn't want to take this crazy journey with any one else.



We are officially 32 Weeks today. Another HUGE milestone for our little ones. They grow about an ounce a day each and they are practicing the sucking motion so they can feed when they are born. We are still unsure of how each day will proceed but it is very likely that we will be here until they arrive. I need to be resting, in bed, all the time and the only way to ensure that is if I stay here. Being still like this is very hard for someone like me who is always on the GO! But for my babies, I can make it work. I am still able to work from the hospital which is another huge blessing and I am starting to have Ben bring me some comforts from home. I mostly miss my DVR, eating my own snacks and wearing real clothes! My mental state is just as important as my physical, so I need to look at each day as part of a marathon. For each day they stay in, it is 2 less days in the NICU. The great news is that the babies look amazing. They are about 4 1/2 pounds each and are measuring/acting a little older than they are. I am already such a proud Mama!



I had a wonderful baby shower here at the hospital yesterday! Here are pictures of the banners my friend Jess made and the centerpiece that my sister-in-law Magen made! It was so nice to see people who have been involved in different stages of my life, all come together. My Mom and Dad were also up this weekend to visit and everything is always better when Mom is there. I have more visitors coming and it helps break up the time! I am considering creating a pen pal (remember those?) program for all the "pre-termers" in the maternity ward here.



We love the prayers and support from all of you! I hope to blog a bit more and keep everyone updated but our big prayer is that we make it till 34 Weeks....13 more days




No comments:

Post a Comment