Wednesday, May 14, 2014

I just wanted you to know...

As we get closer and closer to the beginning or end of this journey, depending on what journey we are talking about, I wanted to write down some thoughts. I love the idea of writing your children a letter before they are born. Here is mine:

Sweet Babies,

You are almost here and you have kept us in suspense for a long time. Your Dad and I cannot wait to finally hold you in our arms. There are a few things I wanted to make sure you knew about. First of all, so many people have been praying for you since before you were conceived. You are a product of the Lord's faithfulness and even though that is hard to comprehend as a child, I hope to remind you of this in the future. You are so loved and wanted by our family and friends.

To my sweet little girl, 

We had a feeling you were a girl from our very first ultrasound in October 2013. When we showed your Papa (Dodge) the ultrasound picture, he commented that you had the bigger "apartment" and were probably a girl. We were worried about you early in the pregnancy but you were a little fighter. One of the ultrasound pictures shows you with your arms up, flexing your muscles and showing me that you were strong enough. When it was confirmed that you were a girl, I think your Daddy was the most excited. Your Daddy is the sweetest man alive and he loves me the way I hope someone will someday love you. I always felt your kicks more than your brother. You have also been the most unpredictable and I can't wait to get to know you more. I am so blessed to have a daughter. I know how special my relationship is with my mom and I am already so in love with you and so is everyone else.

To my sweet little boy,

We had a feeling you were a boy from the beginning and our dream has come true to have both a boy and girl in our family. You have been a little mystery to us for most of the pregnancy. You hid your little face most of the time and your movements are more subtle. Your Daddy and I are so excited to meet you. It seems that you are your sister are getting along so far but I pray that you will be her protector. Your Daddy and Grandpas cannot wait to explore this world with you have lots of adventures. You are the first grandson on the Dodge side of the family and will soon be joined by your boy cousin on the Ulland side. I am thankful that you will have another little boy to grow up with! You have so many strong men to look up to in our family. I want you to know that we are all already in love with you.

Let me tell you about your Daddy...

He is so special. He is unlike any other man I have ever met and he has wanted to be a Daddy for a long time. We have taken classes, read books and watched DVDs about how to be the best parents possible but the easiest part is how much he loves you. He is saving his first diaper change for one of you, so be patient as he learns a few things. :o) Your Daddy is ready to give up so much because he would rather be at home, holding you and watching Twins games on TV. He can't wait to teach you about life, sports, God, family and everything else because he loves to share his knowledge. His compassion for others is amazing and you will see this over time. He also knows the best way to love your Mom. He took care of me for weeks before you arrived and he did it with joy and a smile on his face.

Let me tell you about your grandparents...

Oh babies, are you in store for some love. You have the best grandparents in the world just waiting to meet you. They have waited a long long time for this day to come and they couldn't be more excited. They have already started to spoil you with gifts but I hope you know them more for how much they love you and spend time with you. You are also lucky enough to have 5 great-grandparents that are equally excited to meet you! You will spend many hours with your grandparents since they are the greatest help we have and our hands will be full with the both of you! Value every minute with them because it is a gift.

Let me tell you about Jesus...

I am sure you already know him because he hand picked you to be our children. You are a miracle and I will always look at you that way. Your arrival has given so many people hope and faith in the Lord's promises. I pray that I can teach you all about Jesus and I pray that you experience the love, forgiveness and amazement that faith can bring to your life.

It looks like we will be meeting very soon. I can't even comprehend what that moment will be like when we look into each other's eyes but I know it will change my heart forever. That place in my heart that has been empty for so long, will be overflowing with unimaginable joy. I.Can't.Wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment